Szymczak, William P. Jr.

William P. Szymczak, Jr. of Walden, NY passed away on Monday, August 6, 2018 at NY Presbyterian Hospital, New York City, NY.  The son of William P. and Sandra Lumpkin Szymczak, he was born on September 12, 1962 in Brooklyn, NY.  He was 55 years old.  He was a financial analyst for IBM, Poughkeepsie, NY.

William is survived by his wife, Stacey Perlmutter Szymczak at home; sons: Michael Szymczak and Steven Szymczak both of Newburgh; sisters: Patty Szymczak (Olga Velez) of Walden; Tara Grill (Mark) of Lewisville, TX; Sandra Lynne Feury (Robert) of Lincoln Park, NJ and Karen McDermott (Fred) of Walden; several nieces and nephews.

A visitation will be held from 5-8 pm on Friday August 10th at the Gridley-Horan Funeral Home, 39 Orchard St., Walden, NY.  Cremation will be in the Cedar Hill Crematory, Newburgh, NY.

Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Assoc.

Written by

15 Condolences to “Szymczak, William P. Jr.”

1. Amin Abdi says:

Please accept my condolences on the passing of Bill. It was an honor to have known such a great person and work with him, he was a good man. May God embrace his family in comfort during this difficult time.

2. Wendy Trout says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. He was a good man and a will be missed by his IBM family.

3. Tom Kinisky says:

I’m very saddened to hear about your loss.. Bill was a good caring friend, an excellent co worker and his presence will be missed. It was a privilege to have known Bill . My condolences to his family.

4. Cecelia Navarro says:

This is Cecelia Navarro, Dan’s wife. I am so so sorry for ur loss. I know how your feeling. Please know that i will keep you in my prayers. I wish you peace and love ..

5. Ken Hayes says:

My heart is heavy this morning at the new of Bill’s passing. He was so much fun to work with at IBM – he will be missed. Sending good thoughts and prayers to the family.

6. Patricia Moller says:

So sorry to hear of your tremendous loss. Please know that you and the boys will be in our thoughts and prayers. ❤️

7. Judy Parsells says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

8. Viviana Del Pup says:

It was an honor to have met Bill and work with him, the news of his passing are very sad to all who met him, may all the prayers bring peace and comfort to the family.

9. Libbie Taylor says:

Sending my sympathies to his family. I’m saddened to hear of his passing.

10. Shari & Bill Haas says:

We are deeply saddened by your tragic loss! We wish you and your family peace and strength during this trying time! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! May your fond memories help keep you strong! Love, Shari and Bill Haas

11. Caryl Komorowski says:

I was shocked and deeply saddened by the news of Bill’s passing. He was so much fun to work with and to talk/laugh with. We started at IBM together in the Tax Department and each followed our own career paths, but always kept in touch. While we didn’t talk often, I will miss him. My sympathies to you Stacey, and the boys, and all of Bill’s sisters and family. I’ve loved seeing all of the happy photos of happy times on facebook. RIP Bill (I still can’t believe I’m typing that!).

12. Kim Carpenter says:

I have worked with Bill for many years in various capacities and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Bill was not just a colleague, but also a friend with a very kind & warm nature. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. My thoughts & prayers are with all of Bill’s family & friends. I hope that many fond memories will bring you peace and comfort.

13. Martha Stevenson says:

I have worked with Bill through various roles for my entire IBM career, starting when he was the Network Service accountant (where I’m certain that I was a constant source of frustration for him.) I/we are all shocked and saddened by his passing; sending healing prayers and comforting hugs for Bill’s family.

14. Debra Jaskot says:

Sorry to hear of your loss. May your grief soon be replaced with smiles from sweet memories. I work with Bill’s sister Sandra.

God bless <3

15. Joann McGee says:

Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss. I worked with Bill almost 20 years ago and he was always such a delight! He obviously knew his job very well and not only was Bill helpful but also had a great attitude. He will be deeply missed. May you find some comfort in the days ahead knowing that he made a difference in his IBM family too!