Green, Melinda Jean “Lynn”

Melinda Jean “Lynn” Green of Walden, NY passed away at home on Thursday, October 5, 2017.  The daughter of William H. Ferguson and the late Dorothy Lewis Ferguson, she was born on September 21, 1956 in Newburgh, NY.  She was a correctional officer at the Shawangunk Correctional Facility, Wallkill, NY and a member of the Col. Bradley Hose Ladies Auxiliary.

Lynn is survived by her husband, Ralph “Buddy Green Jr. at home; father, William H. Ferguson of Walden;  son, Ralph William Green of Auburn, ME; sisters: Darlene Green and her husband, David of Walden and Pauline Morris and her husband, Randy of Pine Bush; sister-in-law, Judy Tubbs and her husband, Joe of Walden; grandson, Anthony Shawn Green, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews.

A visitation will be held from 6-8 PM on Sunday, October 8th at the Gridley-Horan Funeral Home, 39 Orchard St., Walden, NY.   Cremation will be in the Cedar Hill Crematory.  Interment of ashes will be in Woodlawn Cemetery at a later date.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital or the American Cancer Society.

8 Condolences to “Green, Melinda Jean “Lynn””

1. Natalie says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all ❤️
    Natalie and Frank

2. Carol says:

Lynn was an awesome woman! She loved her job and the people she worked with. She will be sadly missed. My prayers extend to her family…

3. Amy Dole says:

I am so sorry about Ma.You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Patty Wilson says:

Dear Ma Green,
    I’ve thought about you often and missed you every time I had to work some part of the evening shift. You were so very helpful and supportive when I was dropped into that shift and wasn’t sure of what to do. You were my work Mom. Your smile, your laugh, your quick wit, and no-nonsense in medical was and will always be appreciated!
    Rest well and with the angels for you are surely one!!

5. Patty Wilson says:

My deepest condolences! She was very special and we were lucky at Shawangunk to have her!!

6. Robyn (Kortright) Boeckmann says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Melinda and her family. We went to school together ,we were neighbors for quite a few years. It’s funny I’ve think about her often and we never regained contact.

7. Laurie and Jeff says:

Our Condolences to everyone. Lynn was a wonderful person. The love she had in her heart for her family and friends was over the top. You will be missed by so many people. You are free of the pain. Free to fly. Fly with the Angels my friend. We miss you so very much.
    With Love,